- Father Anton needs volunteers to help him clean the garden behind the church on Saturday October 18 from 9:30 to noon. Bring your gloves, rakes and hoes.
- St Jerome will be having a farewell party for Mike Chio, Music Director this Sunday – Oct 12, after the 11:00 Mass. We will be serving cake, drinks, cheese, crackers, fruit and some sort of little sandwiches.
- The Pastoral Council is preparing for new members. Both youth and adults are encouraged to self-nominate or nominate others. Green-colored nomination forms are at the ends of the pews for your convenience. You may deposit them in the collection basket or bring them to the Parish Office. Please return them to the parish by October 19th.
Photos just published for the annual St Jerome’s night at the Oakland A’s game! You can see them here as well as on St Jerome’s Facebook page.
Mark your calendars for the following events (details to follow):
Aug 23 – Day at the Races (GGF)
Sep 19 – A’s game/star wars fireworks tail-gate party
Sep 28 – St Jerome Feast @ Rohan Hall Patio
Oct 25 – Karaoke/Pizza Night @ Rohan Hall…
Nov 15 – Parish Appreciation @ Rohan Hall
New photos of our 31 Confirmandis, confirmed on April 27, have just been to our St Jerome’s Facebook page….you and also see more photos from Homer Teng at http://1drv.ms/1fUGkU0.
- Dear Sisters & Brothers in Christ, Here is a wonderful opportunity for those who live in the San Francisco Bay Area to put your faith into action this coming Saturday, April 26, 2014 on National Rebuilding Day. This is a nationwide event where tens of thousands of volunteers rehabilitate homes for low-income homeowners, particularly those who are elderly and veterans with disabilities. Marie Hubbard, the Volunteer Coordinator, has informed me that she needs more volunteers to help with a large interior and exterior home painting project in Albany, CA (next to Berkeley). So, let’s roll up our sleeves and spend a day bringing Jesus’ Easter joy to a needy neighbor. If you can help, please call Marie at (510) 644-8979, extension 103, or email her at email@example.com for details and directions. Let me know, too, so that I can be sure to drop by and get some photos of you in action!
In past years I have served as a volunteer photographer of East Bay projects coordinated by Rebuilding Together, East Bay-North (RTEBN). I will be doing so again this coming Saturday. You can see past photos at these links:
- 2009: Rebuilding Together Projects: https://www.flickr.com/photos/benagustin/sets/72157638064450713/
- 2011 Rebuilding Together Projects: https://www.flickr.com/photos/benagustin/sets/72157638071980534/
- Rebuilding Together, East Bay-North website: http://rtebn.org/
Don’t worry if you don’t have any home-repair experience. You’ll learn practical skills (which you can later use to improve your own home!) under the supervision of expert craftsmen who have volunteered their time and expertise. The weather should be beautiful, you’ll get much-needed exercise, and you’ll make friends with lots of other dynamic, caring people who will inspire you with their joyful giving of self for others. And the look and words of appreciation by the grateful homeowners is priceless!
Easter was a truly joyful and reflective. Photos can be seen on St Jerome’s Facebook page.
Rachelʼs Vineyard Retreat
Has an abortion left you with a broken heart? Rachelʼs Vineyard Retreats renew hearts broken by abortion. Our upcoming retreat is May 16-18. It offers a loving and supportive environment where women and men can reconcile painful post-abortive emotions and begin the process of
renewal and healing. Rachelʼs Vineyard is therapy for the soul. For confidential inquiries, visit www.afterthechoice.org or contact Christine at 415-260-4406 or Christine4faith@gmail.com