Mark your calendar – Saturday May 6, 2017, 6-11pm -for this fun annual dinner dance parish fundraiser event presented by St. Jerome Activities Group.
Spring Swing Featuring the Don Krieger Big Band
- Limited seating by reservation only – $25/person, kids under 10 free
- Dinner, Dancing, Cake Walk and more!
- Dress – Casual
- 6pm – No Host Beer, Wine & Soft Drinks Social
- 6:45pm – Buffet Dinner
- 8:00 – 11:00 pm: Music and Dancing
Volunteers needed for:
May 5 Friday evening
- setup Friday 6pm
May 6 Saturday
- help in the kitchen 4-9pm
- help during the event 6-11pm
- cleanup 10-12pm
Cake donations needed for our cake walk. Please call Maureen @ 510.525.2542to donate a cake.
Icon Workshop and Talk: In the Eastern Catholic tradition icon painters are known as writers. This is because the icon artist, who works within a specific framework, visually describes Christian theology and prayer through the “words” of shape and color. This workshop includes a lecture on the spirituality of icons, and a hands-on icon drawing of an icon. No drawing experience necessary. Price: $25 – Date: Saturday, March 25th Time: 9:00 a.m. – noon at the NEW Dominican Center Art Room at Dominican Sisters house at Mission San Jose, Fremont.
at http://bit.ly/2017Icons Or, for more information call (650) 245-2723.
- Reminder: Payment for the 75th Jubilee ($28/person) is due by Wednesday, September 14.
- We will have photos albums and memorabilia on display after the 9:00 am masses throughout September and at the 75th Jubilee on Sunday, September 25.
- Please post if anyone needs a ride or is interested in carpooling to the Galileo Club on Sunday, September 25, to please call the parish office (510-525-0876) or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Did you know that St. Jerome Parish was established in 1941? Monsignor James Rohan was the founding pastor (1941-1973). He succeeded in building a mission-style church. A school and convent were added in 1955.
Be sure to check out the photo album – St. Jerome Church and School Photos from the past: 1970-1990’s – that has been added to St. Jerome’s Facebook page.
Photos can also be found on Facebook.