Come Join the Music Ministry Team
Has anyone told you that you couldn’t sing? Well, it isn’t true. If you can talk, then you can sing. Our St. Jerome Church Choirs are the perfect place to learn. We are currently looking for new choir members, all ages and skill levels, for our choir, which rehearses in the church from 7:30p.m. – 9:00p.m. every Thursday night. We are a diverse group of adults and children, and we are fun, loving, and caring. There are several parents who sing with their children in the choir. Families are encouraged to join. The Music Ministry Team is a unique, fun, and special part of the living body of Christ, which is our church. If you’re interested in joining, then speak to any member of the music ministry team, and they will direct you. The children’s choir, open to ages 8-13, will recommence in September.
The Music Ministry includes an Adult and Children’s choir, a team of cantors, pianists, and the Music Minister.
Children’s Choir – Open to ages 8-11. Children older than 11 are encouraged to join the Adult choir, but would not be turned away.
- Sings at the 9:00 a.m. Masses on Sunday, Holy Days, and special events.
- Rehearses Wednesdays from 3:45 p.m.- 4:45 p.m. in the Church.
- Sings musical variety – music in one and two vocal parts.
- Forms an exciting opportunity for musical growth as well as for fun and fellowship.
Adult Choir – Open to everybody.
- Sings at weekend Masses and on Holy Days and special events. Also sings with the Children’s Choir at 9:00 a.m. Masses on Sunday mornings
- Rehearses Thursday nights from 7:30 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
- Provides a friendly and supportive place for beginners to be introduced to choral singing
- Sings in four parts: Soprano, Alto, Tenor, and Bass
Choir members include…..
For more information, please contact the Director of Music Ministry at the parish office at 510.525.0876 ext 14.